This policy applies to Petroleum Card Services, which is part of the Paysafe Group (together “Petroleum Card Services” or “Paysafe” or "we" or “our” or “us”).
This policy shows our commitment to protect your privacy rights and sets out the basis on which any personal information we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. It applies to:
- the website/portal features and services provided to you when you visit our websites
- when you apply to use and/or use our products and services
- your use of software including terminals, mobile and desktop applications provided by us
- email, other electronic messages including SMS, telephone, web chat, website/portal and other communications between you and us
Together these are all referred to in this policy as “our Services”.
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal information and how we will treat it.
For California residents wishing to access our CCPA compliant notice, please click here.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
You may provide some information to us, for example when you:
- inquire, make an application or register to use one of our services
- fill in forms on one of our websites
- communicate with us by phone, e-mail, web chat or otherwise
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information we collect about you to:
- provide you with the products we offer
- set up your account when you sign up with us
- provide you access to the products that our partners offer
- to notify you about changes to our products
- to improve our products.
When we are not able to provide you with a product or service you require we may use your personal information to introduce selected third parties or business partners, who may offer what you are looking for.
If you use one of our financial products, we will also use your information to assess your financial situation and to try to identify and prosecute possible frauds.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We will not disclose your personal information to anyone except as described in this policy. We may share your personal information with:
- any company in the Paysafe Group of companies where necessary to provide our services.
- third parties to provide you with the products we offer, including service providers, credit reference agencies and financial institutions.
- third parties to prevent crime and reduce risk, if required to do so by law, where we deem it appropriate to do so, to respond to legal process or to protect the rights or property of Paysafe, our customers or others.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION AND DATA SECURITY
The information that we collect from you may be transferred to, stored at and processed by recipients located in destinations worldwide. These countries may have data protection standards that are different to (and, in some cases, lower than) those in which you reside. We will take all steps necessary to ensure that the recipients will use and protect your information in the same secure way that we do.
If we have given you (or if you have chosen) a password, access code or any other secure means or access or authentication which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential and complying with our instructions. You must not share credentials with anyone else, and you authorize Paysafe to act upon instructions and information from any person that enters your credentials.
The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site, unless you are communicating with us through a secure channel that we have provided. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access.
Where applicable, you may have certain rights under data protection and privacy legislation, including the right to access and to delete your personal information or to revoke any consent you have given.
LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING
We will process your personal information only when we have one of the following grounds:
- On the basis of your consent, for example to send you marketing messages to the extent consent is required by law;
- Where necessary to enter into a contract with you and perform our obligations under that contract;
- Where we have a legitimate interest, subject to such processing not overriding your own rights and freedoms;
- Where we have a legal obligation to collect your personal information or otherwise need your Personal Information to protect your vital interests or those of another person; or
- Exceptionally, when necessary in the public interest, for example when law enforcement agencies request information to investigate a crime.
All comments, queries and requests relating to our use of your information are welcomed. If you wish to exercise any of your rights or receive further information as to the applicable Paysafe group companies to which this policy applies, you should write to the address below, marked FAO Privacy Department using the details at the bottom of the page.
Paysafe’s Data Protection Officer is as stated below and can be contacted at the address below:
Mr Derek A Wynne
Paysafe, Floor 27, 25 Canada Square, London, E17 4AU
CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS PRIVACY NOTICE – Petroleum Card Services
Petroleum Card Services is committed to protecting your privacy and will take all appropriate steps to ensure that your personal information is treated securely and will be collected, used, stored and disclosed in accordance with this notice.
If you are a California resident, you may have certain rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) which are described in this notice.
WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT
In the past 12 months, we may have collected the following personal information about you:
- Identifiers, such as your full name, business name, phone number, and email address;
- Professional or employment-related information, such as the company you work for;
- Commercial information, such as credit card transaction volumes.
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION WITH THIRD PARTIES
In the past 12 months, we have shared with third parties any of the information described in the What Information We Collect section above for our business purposes, e.g. with our affiliates and partners, or in relation to using a service provider.
In the past 12 months, we may have also sold to third parties identifiers (business contact data including full names and phone numbers) that could potentially be associated with you.
YOUR DATA PROTECTION RIGHTS
You have rights that you can exercise in relation to your personal information. In particular:
- Right to access: you may ask for information about the categories of personal information we have collected about you, the categories of sources from which your personal information has been collected, the business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling your personal information, as well as the categories of third parties with whom we may share or to whom we may sell your personal information and the categories of personal information that have been provided to such third parties. You may also ask us for a copy of the specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you in a machine-readable format;
- Right to deletion: you have the right to request the deletion of your personal information;
- Right to opt-out of the sale of your personal information: you have the right to ask us to stop selling personal information about you to third parties;
- Right to nondiscrimination: you have the right not to be discriminated against because you have exercised any of your consumer’s rights listed above. In other words, we shall not provide a different quality of services to you because you have chosen to exercise one of your rights.
You may authorize a person to act on your behalf in relation to exercising these rights but please note that we may need to take certain steps to verify the request made is legitimate, i.e. that it is indeed coming from you or that it is made on your behalf. Please also consider that there might be cases where these rights cannot be enforced: for example, it is possible that we may not comply with a request to delete your personal information if we need that information for the purpose of detecting security incidents, or protecting against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent or illegal activities, where such information is necessary to record our contractual dealings or your transactions or where required by law.
If you want to know more about your rights, or you want to exercise them, you can reach us at the details provided in the Contact Us section.
CHANGES TO OUR PRIVACY NOTICE
We may, from time to time, change our privacy notice. If we make material changes to this notice, we will notify you through this website/portal. The date the privacy notice was last modified is at the bottom of the page. You are responsible for ensuring you periodically visit our website/portal and this privacy notice to check for any changes. However, if we are required by law to give you enhanced notice of any changes to this privacy notice and/or seek your consent to changes in our uses of your personal information, then we will do so.
All comments, queries and requests relating to our use of your information are welcomed and if you wish to exercise any of your rights, you may call us at +1-800-220-4143 (toll free number, available 9AM-7PM EST), write to the address below, marked FAO Privacy Department, or use the means provided on the Contact web page.
Paysafe Group’s Chief Privacy Officer is as stated below and can be contacted via the Contact web page or at the address below:
Mr. Derek A Wynne, Paysafe, Floor 27, 25 Canada Square, London, E17 4AU
This Notice was last revised on [04/07/2020]